Katherine D. Bishop is an Associate with Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O’Gara LLC. She focuses her practice on providing legal support across the firm’s practice areas, including as a member of the Litigation Team, assisting in client representation in all stages of litigation from pre-trial investigation and discovery, to motions and pleadings preparation through trial, settlement and the appeal process.
Attorney Bishop is an experienced legal researcher and skilled writer with significant work in the public and private sectors. Prior to joining PLDO, Attorney Bishop served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Associate Justice Richard A. Licht of the Rhode Island Superior Court. While in law school, she was a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Chief Justice Paul A. Suttell of the Rhode Island Supreme Court and for the Honorable Magistrate Judge Patricia A. Sullivan of the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. She also worked as a Research Assistant for a Roger Williams law professor and as a Law Clerk in the Office of Corporate Counsel for IDC, Inc. – The Newport Experience.
Attorney Bishop earned her J.D. from Roger Williams School of Law, magna cum laude. She was the Editor-in-Chief of the Roger Williams University Law Review and CALI Award winner in Criminal Law, Contracts II, Legal Practice II, and SEM: Senior Abuse, Neglect, and Injuries. She received her B.A. in Political Science from the University of Vermont. Attorney Bishop is licensed to practice law in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Areas of Practice
- Rhode Island
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D. - 2018
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Editor-in-Chief, Roger Williams University Law Review
- Honors: CALI Awards in Criminal Law, Contracts II, Legal Practice II, and SEM: Senior Abuse, Neglect, and Injuries
- Honors: Dean’s Scholars Program, member
- Honors: Honors Program, member
- Honors: Tax and Business Law Society, member
- Honors: Women’s Law Society, member
- University of Vermont
- B.A. - 2014
- Honors: Study Abroad Program: Universita degli Studi di Pavia, Italy, Spring 2013
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Middle East Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association
Receive Our E-News
“What is extremely unique about PLDO is that they are great lawyers who actually care about me and my business. They make me feel as if I am the most important client in the firm and I am certain that all of their clients feel the same way. ”
President, The Droitcour Company