Steven W. Raffa is Partner with Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O'Gara LLC and a member of the firm's Alternative Dispute Resolution and Special Masterships Teams. Attorney Raffa focuses his practice as a member of the firm's Special Mastership in Prison Monitoring Team for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, responsible for monitoring prison reform compliance and progress in the implementation of mandatory mental health screening, diagnosis and treatment of prisoners throughout the California prison system. Attorney Raffa is a highly skilled legal research analyst, legislative affairs expert and public policy development lawyer.
Mr. Raffa is a passionate advocate for education and co-founded the state's first charter school: Textron Chamber of Commerce Charter School in Providence, RI. Mr. Raffa established and operated its Student Employment Program, a Providence-based professional employment and internship project for students to provide them with direct experience in the ‘world of work'. He also led the school's grant writing and fund development effort for 14 years (1994-2008). Prior to joining the firm, he was a Legal Counsel with the Rhode Island Department of Revenue.
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Special Masterships in Prison Monitoring
- Rhode Island
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Georgetown University, Edmund Walsh School of Foreign Service BA
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Edmund Walsh Medal for Excellence in International Politics
- Honors: Phi Alpha Theta (History)
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha (Government)
- Honors: Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit)
- Major: International Politics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Serve as a member of the Special Mastership in Prison Monitoring Team for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, responsible for monitoring prison reform compliance and progress in the implementation of mandatory mental health screening, diagnosis and treatment of prisoners throughout the California prison system.
Receive Our E-News
“What is extremely unique about PLDO is that they are great lawyers who actually care about me and my business. They make me feel as if I am the most important client in the firm and I am certain that all of their clients feel the same way. ”
President, The Droitcour Company