Drew B. Sherman is a Partner with Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O’Gara LLC and a prominent Florida business, corporate and real estate attorney with a distinguished career spanning over 20 years. Attorney Sherman’s vast experience includes helping clients manage a wide range of business and transactional matters such as business formations, corporate governance, contract drafting and negotiation, compliance and regulatory matters, mergers and acquisitions, and structuring multimillion-dollar commercial real estate deals. His representation of business owners and corporate executives spans numerous industries and includes pharmaceutical companies, health care and physician groups, restaurants, entertainment, technology and banks. As a leading Florida business lawyer, he has earned the respect of his peers and clients with his selection as an AV Preeminent attorney from Martindale Hubbell – the highest level of professional achievement based on both legal ability and ethics.
With deep knowledge and decades of experience in all areas of business and transactional law, Attorney Sherman routinely serves in the capacity as outside, in-house counsel for small and large companies addressing and managing day-to-day business, operational and employment issues. His prior work as a commercial litigator provides clients with the unique advantage of his insight and know-how to identify and avoid potential legal pitfalls in drafting and negotiating business contracts. In addition to his legal credentials, he is a certified commercial arbitrator through the American Arbitration Association, a licensed Florida Realtor and a member of the National Association of Realtors and the Realtors of the Palm Beaches and Greater Fort Lauderdale. He is also a former member of the Board of Directors for The Dan Marino Foundation, Inc. for which he currently serves as General Counsel helping the Foundation fulfill its mission to empower children and young adults with autism and special needs.
As the founder and Managing Partner of his private practice, Drew B. Sherman, P.A. in Boca Raton, he has worked with and supported hundreds of businesses, families and individuals achieve their business goals as a strategic legal advisor and partner. His prior experience includes working with one of the world’s largest record companies in New York City, overseeing a $25M recording budget while supporting and launching new artists, managing licensing deals and recording projects, and streamlining business and IT operations.
Attorney Sherman earned his J.D. from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center in Ft. Lauderdale and a B.A. in Latin American Studies from Tulane University in New Orleans. He is licensed to practice in Florida, the District of Columbia, New York and before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for Southern, Middle, and Northern Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Business Law
- Real Estate (Residential & Commercial)
- Contract Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bar Admissions and Certifications
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- American Arbitration Association Certified Arbitrator
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Associate
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Rank, Martindale Hubbell
Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center
- B.A., Latin American Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- American Arbitration Association
- National Association of Realtors
- Realtors of the Palm Beaches and Greater Fort Lauderdale
- Represented the principal of a start-up venture in West Palm Beach, FL, in connection with its online meat purveying business and with opening its first storefront location in downtown WPB, including negotiating its commercial lease agreement, drafting and negotiating an operating agreement between the principal members, drafting employment agreements, handling licensing issues, and addressing other corporate and business-related issues.
- Represented a New York City-based restaurant, in connection with opening a new private dining concept in Miami, Florida, including drafting the employment agreements for its celebrity chef, general manager and other key employees.
- Represented the owner of a landmark beachfront restaurant in Deerfield Beach, Florida, involving real estate and complex financing issues.
- Representation for the purchase a well-known Palm Beach restaurant on behalf of the buyer, which involved the underlying real estate and complex financing issues.
- Representation for the purchase of a family-owned restaurant located in Manalapan, Florida.
- Representation for the sale of a well-known Italian restaurant in Boca Raton, Florida, on behalf of its long-time owners, and handled the purchase of a beachfront restaurant in Lantana, Florida, on behalf of the same owners, as the buyers.
Receive Our E-News
“What is extremely unique about PLDO is that they are great lawyers who actually care about me and my business. They make me feel as if I am the most important client in the firm and I am certain that all of their clients feel the same way. ”
President, The Droitcour Company