Michael F. Ryan Jr. is an Associate with Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O’Gara LLC and a member of the firm’s Alternative Dispute Resolution practice, Special Masterships team, and PLDO Strategies LLC, the government relations arm of the law firm. He focuses his practice working with the Special Mastership team in Prison Monitoring for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California and employs his significant experience in government affairs and public policy development to assist clients with legislative matters. He is an adept legal researcher and skilled writer and business strategist.
In addition to government affairs, Attorney Ryan’s prior experience included assisting in client representation in complex commercial litigation matters. He also assisted in negotiations with municipal and state government agencies regarding economic incentives for Opportunity Zone real estate development. Attorney Ryan previously worked as Manager of Public Affairs and Government Relations for a lobbying and communications firm.
Attorney Ryan earned his J.D. from the University of Massachusetts School of Law, summa cum laude, where he was Executive Notes Editor of the Law Review. He graduated from the University of Rhode Island, summa cum laude, with a B.A. in Political Science and is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. Attorney Ryan is admitted to practice in Rhode Island and is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association Business Organizations Committee.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Special Masterships
- Government and Legislative Strategies
- Rhode Island
University of Massachusetts School of Law
- J.D., summa cum laude, 2018
- Executive Notes Editor, University of Massachusetts Law Review, (May 2017 – May 2018)
- Student Fellow, Community Development Clinic (August 2017 – December 2017)
- Instructional Assistant, Prof. Richard Peltz-Steele (August 2015 – May 2016)
- Publication: Too Clever by Half: Commanding the Nonuse of State Authority to Regulate Health Benefits in the ACA, 12 U. MASS. L. REV. 326 (2017).
University of Rhode Island
- Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association Business Organizations Committee
Receive Our E-News
“What is extremely unique about PLDO is that they are great lawyers who actually care about me and my business. They make me feel as if I am the most important client in the firm and I am certain that all of their clients feel the same way. ”
President, The Droitcour Company