Experienced Cannabis Business Advisors
Years of Being at the Forefront of Advising Cannabis Business on the Ever-Evolving State and Federal Laws and Policy Landscape
Participating at any level in state-regulated cannabis industries presents unique challenges. Each state employs its own unique set of laws, regulations and means of oversight. Considering cannabis’ federal illegality, conducting business in or on the periphery of marijuana markets can be complex. PLDO’s team thrives in these industry-specific nuances.
Led by PLDO Partner Benjamin L. Rackliffe, PLDO’s cannabis advisory group has guided dozens of licensed cultivation companies, manufacturers, dispensaries and medical compassion centers throughout New England, from start-up through licensed operations. Our firm has advised both public and private companies within the space.*
PLDO’s cannabis advisors are uniquely situated to provide legal services in the arenas of:
- Marijuana business formation and structuring
- Regulatory Compliance
- Sales and Acquisitions
- Private Placements
- Investor-oriented Services
- Real Estate
- Labor and Employment
- Represent Multiple Massachusetts Cannabis Operators in Eight-Figure Plus Private Placements, Acquisitions and various Regulatory Matters.
- Successfully advise over 15 Medical marijuana cultivator license applicants in the Rhode Island with respect to obtaining medical marijuana cultivation licenses from the Department of Business Regulation, including advice and counsel on local zoning and planning matters, facility acquisitions/ leasing.
- Advise Publicly-Traded Corporation on Regional Cannabis Licensing and Regulatory Matters.
Contact Us For Skilled Cannabis
Business and Legal Advisory Services
To learn more call 401-824-5100 or
*Despite levels of legalization under select states throughout the country, the cultivation, possession and/or sale of marijuana and related cannabis products, as well as facilitating certain of such activities, continues to be illegal under federal law. Therefore, PLDO only advises its cannabis clients on the validity and interpretation of such laws. No services or advice from PLDO is intended to aid clients in the violation of federal law.
Practice Area Attorneys
Receive Our E-News
“What is extremely unique about PLDO is that they are great lawyers who actually care about me and my business. They make me feel as if I am the most important client in the firm and I am certain that all of their clients feel the same way. ”
President, The Droitcour Company