Benjamin L. Rackliffe is a Partner with Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O'Gara LLC and a member of the firm's Corporate & Business and Nonprofit Organizations Teams. He concentrates his practice in the areas of closely held business and tax-exempt organizations, and is considered a leading authority in the areas of corporate and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining PLDO, Attorney Rackliffe served as assistant general counsel to a hospitality and real estate development corporation and was an associate attorney for a Rhode Island-based construction and engineering litigation firm representing multinational and U.S. contractor corporations. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the Roger Williams University School of Law Pro Bono Collaborative and on the Board of Directors of The Steel Yard. For several years, Attorney Rackliffe was named a Rhode Island Super Lawyers Rising Star by Thomson Reuters, a distinction that recognizes the top 2.5 percent of Rhode Island lawyers under the age of 40 or those in practice for 10 years or less.
Attorney Rackliffe earned his J.D. from Roger Williams University School of Law and his undergraduate degree in 2004 from Providence College, where he is a Special Lecturer for an undergraduate course entitled, Legal Environment of Business. He is admitted to practice law in Rhode Island, Connecticut and New York, and is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, the New York Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate & Business
- Cyber Law
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Real Estate
- Rhode Island
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island
- Major: Management
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Roger Williams University School of Law Pro Bono Collaborative, Advisory Board
- The Steel Yard, Board of Directors
- Represent veterinarian in acquisition of veterinary practice assets/ location.
- Represent ophthalmologist in sale of practice assets.
- Represent dermatologist in acquisition of skin rejuvenation therapy business.
- Represent nationally recognized point-of-sale/ processing technology company in stock sale transaction.
- Represent regional janitorial services company specializing in the healthcare industry in sale of stock to foreign corporation.
- Represent water authority with respect to statutory merger and annexation of abutting water supply district into said water authority.
- Advise numerous quasi-public and private institutions with respect to solar net metering and virtual-net metering projects throughout the Rhode Island.
- Represent Massachusetts Registered Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Private Placement in excess of $5 Million.
- Represent Licensed Medical Marijuana Cultivation with multi-million-dollar placement.
- Represent Licensed Medical Marijuana Cultivation with private placement.
- Successfully advise over 15 Medical marijuana cultivator license applicants in the Rhode Island with respect to obtaining medical marijuana cultivation licenses from the Department of Business Regulation, including advice and counsel on local zoning and planning matters, facility acquisitions/ leasing.