Corporate & Business Lawyers
An Interdisciplinary Approach to Corporate Law
By their nature, business law issues have consequences that extend far beyond the scope of the immediate matter at hand. Governance issues, compliance with regulations, employment policies and taxation all affect the long-term profitability and viability of an enterprise.
The firm of Pannone Lopes Devereaux & West LLC, helps corporate and nonprofit clients deal effectively with the many complex issues they face. Our clients include family-owned businesses, medium-sized corporations, health care organizations and non-profits.
We advise clients and provide services in matters involving:
- Business formation and organization
- Corporate governance
- Regulatory compliance
- Equity and debt financing
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestments
- Employment law policies and procedures
- Commercial litigation
- And other business law issues affecting our clients
Facilitating Growth and Profitability
PLDO lawyers assist clients in structuring new ventures, acquiring existing businesses, raising equity through IPOs and private placements, and debt financing. In many ways, our firm becomes a valuable long-term partner for our clients. We advise them in matters involving governance and compliance matters, assess risks and recommend policies that can guide the enterprise as it grows.
Regulation, Compliance and Ethical Issues
In today’s corporate environment, it is increasingly difficult to operate without effective compliance and ethics programs. PLDO has considerable experience in the auditing of existing programs and developing new programs that are cost-effective. As with other risk management initiatives, these programs can provide many financial and operational benefits to a growing company.
Cost-Effective Services and Strategies
Our attorneys use a practical and entrepreneurial approach to resolving complex legal and business problems. By combining a sophisticated understanding of corporate law issues, common sense and technology, PLDO can provide cost-effective services to companies of all sizes. Pannone Lopes Devereaux & West LLC, wants to help your company achieve its full potential.
Resources & Information
- Artificial Intelligence – What The Developing Landscape Means For Your Business
- Business Succession Planning Is Not “One Size Fits All”
- Industry Spotlight: Owning a Construction Company
- Industry Spotlight: Challenges in the Construction Industry
- RI Considers Cannabis as a Solution to Opioid Dependency
- Pros And Cons Of LLCS Electing S Corporation Status
- New Massachusetts Law Limiting Employee Non-Compete Agreements
- Succession Planning And The Family Limited Partnership Solution
- New Rules Governing IRS Audits Of Tax Partnerships
- Family Business Disputes… Like An Awkward Thanksgiving?
- Will the CEO See the Crisis Coming? Or, What Do Wells Fargo, United Airlines and Uber Have in Common?
- Convertible Notes, “Safes” and “Kisses”: A Primer for Early Stage Companies Seeking Outside Investors
- Planning to Sell Your Company? The Pros and Cons of Asset Sales, Stock Sales and Mergers
- Medical Franchising: A Practice Model for the Millennium
- Shareholder Demands for Confidential Company Information
- The Pros & Cons of Dual Class Stock Structures
- New Massachusetts Law Mandates Equal Pay For Comparable Work
- Death, Disability and the Closely-Held Business
- Planning for the Next Step in the Family Business
- Common Mistakes by Private Companies
- Equity Financing for Privately Held Companies – Some Do’s and Don’ts
- First Impressions Count-How to Prepare a Company for Financing or Sale
- Considerations for Raising Money from Outside Investors
View Corporate & Business Newsletters here
For more information about our business law practice, contact our firm or click here to access our “Powered for Business Success” information series. Headquartered in Johnston, Rhode Island, our firm advises and represents clients across the nation.