Data Protection & Cyber Law
Experienced Data Privacy and Cyber Law Attorneys
The risk of neglecting cybersecurity and data privacy in your organization could cost you millions of dollars and leave your business and employees vulnerable to cyberattacks. Our team of highly skilled attorneys work with organizations in health care, education, financial services and other industries to minimize risks of cyberattacks and to stay in compliance with local, national and international privacy laws and regulations.
Help With Evolving Cybersecurity Matters
In May 2018, the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) changed the rules for the international community of digital economies. The GDPR’s impact on United States markets and industries is far and wide for those schools and companies that enroll, employ, do business with or gather and store data from a citizen of an EU country and require reviews of policies and procedures as a starting point.
The evolving landscape of cybersecurity issues, such as breaches, hacking, phishing and other types of attacks, are forcing organizations to prioritize cybersecurity as part of their business strategy. The reality of “big data” and expansion of the interconnectedness of devices and information – the Internet of Things (IoT) – and emerging advances in technology make organizations vulnerable to threats.
These are unprecedented challenges and it is more important than ever before to stay informed about the most current developments in cybersecurity and to have the right systems, policies and procedures in place to reduce exposure to harmful breaches of personal information or theft of proprietary business data.
We Handle A Wide Range Of Cyber Law-Related Issues
Our cyber law team has deep experience in corporate and regulatory law, employment law, health care law and digital and social media law. Our lawyers can help develop and implement a cybersecurity strategy, create user-friendly data security policies for employees and provide guidance on cybersecurity protocols that are right for your organization. Our attorneys will work with you to prioritize your specific needs, protect your data and ensure you are complying with privacy rights. Below is a select list of complex areas we cover:
- EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Written Information Security Programs (WISP)
- Compliance audits
- Employee and HR policies
- Digital and social media law
- Cyber insurance review
Practice Area Attorneys
Receive Our E-News
“What is extremely unique about PLDO is that they are great lawyers who actually care about me and my business. They make me feel as if I am the most important client in the firm and I am certain that all of their clients feel the same way. ”
President, The Droitcour Company
> ATTORNEY SEARCH
Further Resources And Information
- Cybersecurity Enforcement Risks For ERISA Plan Sponsors
- Help Wanted: Shortage of Cybersecurity Experts Poses Challenges and Risks
- Line between work, life blurs in digital age
- Why Cyber Insurance is Not Enough
- The Real Risk Of GDPR Non-Compliance In Your Organization
- Cybersecurity and medical devices : Informed consent in digital age
- The Danger of a WISP
- Prioritizing Cybersecurity
- Raising the Red Flag on Big Data – Approach with Caution in the Digital Space
- Facebook, Privacy Rights and What’s Next?
- Weighing the risks and benefits of the Internet of Things
- Artificial Intelligence – What The Developing Landscape Means For Your Business